BooBoo Kitty Finds a Home


 BooBoo Kitty showed up outside of my chainlink fence as I was moving into a house on the lake in San Juan Cosala, and he was meowing pitifully. Of course, I immediately brought food and started calling him BooBoo Kitty.

The previous renter had died, and her worthless daughter,  in so many ways, moved out and left BooBoo to fend for himself. Fortunately, the lake provided plenty of dead fish and rats, so he learned to hunt. He lived like that for about six months until I rented the house.

Moving day arrived, all of the doors were open, and when I put down Paco’s bed, BooBoo walked in like he owned the place and promptly got into Paco’s bed, with him in it. The previous renter had a dog but as far as I know, Paco had never been around a cat. When BooBoo settled himself, Paco just looked at him like, “what the hell?” BooBoo was home again.

About a week later, I picked up Chili from a shelter here called The Ranch and because Paco took no notice of the cat, neither did Chili, for the most part. Chili still likes to chase the cat occasionally, but the cat sits stock still like he is saying, “just what is the matter with you?”


Living back on the lake again, BooBoo has rediscovered his love of hunting. Now I have to make sure the doors are closed in case he decides to bring a fat rat in to eat.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Lakeside: Paradise or Not?

Two Shoes

Porches